coupon banner

Monday, September 28, 2009

Oh, the Places You'll Go


We've been busy the last few weeks. One of the the reasons is Gator being on the move! He isn't doing the traditional hands and knees coordinated crawl, but he is increasingly efficient with his modified inchworm crawl. He spends more and more time on his hands and knees...or hands and toetips!...and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before he is zooming around.

Gator is chomping everything he can get his hands on. Newspapers, mail, my shoes, and sometimes even the cat's tail have all been gnawed on. His favorite teething surface is my knuckles. I try very hard to keep inappropriate teething surfaces away from the baby, but it's very hard when I'm the only one in the house making that effort...and one of the people in the house is two years old. And sometimes I just forget and leave my shoes out. I never dreamed I'd have to worry about this before he was five months old.


Violet is still obsessed with lining things up and arranging them in various ways. In this picture, she's arranged her "friends" to watch her sippy cup. Those Little People figures and other toys enact all sorts of scenarios, day after day. They go to sleep, get put in time out, play with things, etc.

Sibling rivalry is better some days than others. Sometimes big sis is thrilled with her little brother...whom she calls "Big Sister" these days...and other times she flips out because he dares to touch one of "her" toys. Even if it's a baby toy that was never hers. One day she threw half the contents of her room on her bed to keep him away. And that's a lot of stuff.

No comments: