coupon banner

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy 40th Birthday, Sesame Street!

My daughter's FAVORITE show is officially over the hill, but it is as fresh and educational as ever. Elmo, Rosita, Zoe, and Abby have all been added since I grew too old to watch it.

Elmo gets a little old sometimes, and his silly songs, along with other songs from the show, pop into my head far too often. But as far as kids' shows go, it's one of my favorites. It's not nearly as annoying as many shows are, there are no commercials to get my child excited about the season's hot toys, and it's full of educational content. My daughter has learned a lot from the show, and it's inspired great educational conversations for all of us.

Elmo and Rosita were on the Jimmy Fallon show, along with a book that looks pretty cool. I have a feeling this will be under our Christmas tree...for the young Sesame Street fanatic, and for her parents who also have fond memories of Cookie Monster, The Count, Big Bird, Grover, and the rest of the gang. We just might spring for the DVD with five hours of classic moments from the show, too.
The book is almost half off retail as I type this...

No comments: