coupon banner

Sunday, January 18, 2009

We love cloth diapers!




Before I entered momdom, I had some misperceptions about cloth diapers. I didn't realize just how nice and convenient they can be! Sure, many moms still use the prefolds of yesterday, but pins are no longer needed thanks to Snappis. And the covers are much cuter and more breathable than those plastic pull-on pants. 



This is my early stash of pocket diapers. It includes a Happy Heiny (HH), Green Acre Designs (GAD), 3 Fuzzi Bunz (FB), a Tail Feather Diaper, FB, GAD, and another FB. Another GAD or two are not pictured. 

Cloth diapers are softer, less expensive, better for the environment, and contain explosive poops better than any disposable we tried. I only wish we'd started earlier!



As an added bonus, there's no need for a diaper cover with a dress when you have a cute cloth diaper that peeks out instead of some random disposable.

Some diapers have cute features like appliques on the bum.



And now that my daughter is talking more and more, she requests "cloth diaper" at diaper changes. I can see why...the soft fleece inners must feel so much nicer than disposables. We have some bamboo velour fitteds now and those are even more soft and luxurious. Sometimes she really fights me if I try to put a papery disposable on her if we're going out for a while or fighting a rash. 

And the great thing is, most of the diapers we were using at 6 months old still fit almost a year and a half later!




No comments: